Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Quinoa, Kale and chicken dish

I ordered a salad in Florida that was so good. When we got home from our trip I tried to replicate the dish. After a few tries, this one is the best! I think we love this even more than the original dish in the restaurant.


2 cups raw kale, chopped
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 cup shredded carrots
1 big tomato, chopped
1 can fire-roasted red peppers, sliced
1/3 cup pesto*
salt and pepper to taste




Combine all of the ingredients in a big serving platter. It can be served warm as soon as the quinoa is cooked and everything mixed together or just at room temperature. It will taste really good to squeeze some fresh lemons on top.



Serves 6-8


*Araksya's tip: I make my own pesto by blending fresh basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper with olive oil in a blender. I also make pesto using dill, Italian parsley, and cilantro instead of basil.


No comments: